LADY HINDUSTAN IN BETWEEN: BOGUSDESHI POLE FROM HER BACK AND PAKISTANI POLE FROM HER FRONT. HOW IS IT, THAT NEITHER NEHRU COULD SEE THE VULGAR AND DANGEROUS SCENARIO NOR HIS DAUGHTER INDIRA KHAN.
BETRAYED BLEEDING BROKEN BHARAT HAS YET TO PAY THE FULL PRICE OF FEEDING AND FATTENING "ALL INDIA CONGRESS PARTY" (THE PARTY OF PARTITION) THAT IS NOW NOTHING BUT "ITALY & ISLAM".
..............Is Bangladesh the next al-Qaeda hotbed?
........................ By: M K Tayal
....................... February 25, 2004
New Delhi: Indian security agencies are concerned that Bangladesh is fast becoming a hotbed of international terrorism. Intelligence sources say that after 9/11, the country has become a recruiting and training ground for global terrorists with the Bangladesh army directly involved in these operations:
• Nearly 100 persons have been trained to infiltrate the Indian borders by the Bangladeshi army centre at the Saidpur Army Regimental Centre, sources say.
• According to security agencies, the Border Security Force has furnished the Bangladesh Rifles with a list of nearly 150 terrorist training camps in that country.
Apart from this, the Indian government has prepared a list of 13 terrorist camps and training centres that it believes are directly under the control of the al-Qaeda terrorist network. In addition to that, there are 11 madrassas, which also double up as training centres, sources in security agencies said.
• The al-Qaeda has apparently shifted base to Bangladesh after facing the heat in Afghanistan and the Middle East. It has three camps in Cox’s Bazar, four each in Bandarban and Chittagong and one each in Rangamati and Brahmanbaria.
• Its oldest partner in the country is the Harkat-ul-Jehad Islami (HUJI), a terrorist organisation that started operating with financial help from Osama bin Laden.
The US state department describes HUJI as a terrorist organisation with ties to Pakistani militants. Founded in 1992, today, it has a cadre-base of 15,000 men, led by Shaukat Osman alias Sheikh Farid. In addition, there are seven madrassas which act as Harkat-ul-Jehad Islami (HUJI) centers.
Three madrassas near Sylhet, and one at Rangamati also work as recruiting centres.
• HUJI has links with the Roshingya Solidarity Organisation (RSO). This came to light, when a tape leaked to a US channel showed RSO militants being trained near Cox’s Bazar.
• Al-Qaeda also reportedly operates a ‘sleeper cell’ in Rajshahi, which was unearthed three years ago. Bin Laden had reportedly sent his private secretary to attend a HUJI meeting in Rajshahi.
• According to highly placed sources, after Bhutan conducted a massive operation, many United Liberation Front of Assam leaders fled to Bangladesh and tried to liaison with the Bangladesh Islamic Manch,
• The porous border between Bangladesh and India serves as an easy access route for these ULFA leaders.
According to the BSF, nearly 20 per cent of the border has so far been fenced.
Each batch consists of 30 students. Trainees are enrolled after purchasing and filing a form that costs 100 taka.
The forms are available with the local amir HUJI. Infrastructure at some of the camps is comparable to the best formal military training centres in the world.
Ukhia camp, near Cox’s Bazar, boasts of telephones and television sets, concealed beneath a 3 m high false forest floor. It has interconnected bunkers, where students are imparted military-type defence training.
Bucking under international pressure, Bangladesh did conduct Operation Clean Heart throughout the country in 2002 but most of the action was aimed at the moderate RSO. Ukhia camp was completely ignored by the Bangladesh army.
Nearly 16 Border Security Force personnel have been killed by the Bangladesh Rifles. India has so far not reacted to these incidents.