ACCORDING TO ARTICLE 370 EMBEDDED IN THE CONSTITUTION WRITTEN BY A BORN "BHANGI" AMBEDKAR, AND PROMULGATED ON JANUARY 26, 1950, THE STATE OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR ENJOYS VERY SPECIAL SEPARATIST STATUS, NOT ENJOYED BY ANY OTHER STATE IN INDIA.
IT IS A SAD COMMENTARY ON THE CALIBRE AND SELF-ESTEEM OF ALL THE OTHER "NIGGER" CHIEF MINISTERS IN INDIA, THAT THEY DO NOT FEEL THE DISGRACE.
1. Article 370 is the direct source of Problem for the Hindus of Jammu-Kashmir State. It was introduced as a temporary measure, to wither away in a few years from 1947/48. Has it withered away ? No. It has been flourished and grown stronger and stronger during the last 55 years, through the nourishment given to that poisonous virus tree by the politicians of India, nearly one and all. The politicians have talked big, sermonized big, but all to the disadvantage of poor Hindus who have lost their lives, their ancient hearths and homes; our soldiers have died in hundreds and thousands; our politicians have grown in size and wealth; the poor Hindus of Jammu-Kashmir State have become helpless refugees and more are about to become refugees in their own country.
2. The Problem is not of local character; it is national and international in the true sense of the word. It shall not be solved by Sermons.
3. Time has come for all sensible citizens of India to kill the virus that is causing misery to the Hindu community throughout India in general and in Jammu-Kashmir State in particular. The Indian citizens have now to vote for all-India Lok Sabha Elections, not just for local elections. Let us use our voting power.
4. I am giving below the text of my letter, which I, in my individual capacity as a citizen of India, have written to Shri Ashok Singhalji yesterday (Annexure I). In annexure II, I give the letter dated 6th November 2001, which I wrote to the Secretary General of the United Nations in my individual capacity as an individual of the human race, and in the service of human race. Annexure III gives my Article dated 24th September 2003, which I wrote in Hinduvoice.Net News Bulletin of 24th September 2003, giving my thinking on the source of Problem of religious intolerance in the world. I have seen the horrors of this religious intolerance; I am myself a victim of it, not simply a poet or a fancy writer. I come from Sindh which is now in Pakistan. I know what it means. I know that this intolerance is going to lead to World War III.
5. I suggest that in these coming Parliamentary elections, we make Article 370 as the main point for elections- to vote for it or against it, like a National Referendum. I advocate that we vote for those who promise/swear to remove this Virus from our Constitution. Let us not divert our attention to big, unreadable, tall-talking manifestos of different political Parties fighting in this Election.
6. Communist revolution of 1917 in Russia removed "Religion" from Russia and formed a religion-less communist society of several States called USSR. After 75 years of religion-less ideology, talking and working for Economic Development for full 75 years, having become a World Super-power, what has happened to it now? It has ceased to be a Super-power, it has broken up into Muslim and non-Muslim States, fighting among themselves on points of Religion, with instruments of International Terrorism. The facts of yesterday's history are just in front of our own eyes. Shall we refuse to see ?
7. By and large, our Indian politicians, after Independence, have become selfish, very selfish; once our politicians were adorable personalities, before political Independence in 1947. I adored them. Slowly and steadily, they have lost their reputation. We aspired for something very high that we shall achieve this and that after independence. Now we have a very strong nexus between politicians and criminals in the country. Honest whistle-blowers are being eliminated, with the non-action or active patronage of our own Indian politicians living inside India and heading political parties in various Coalitions. People are feeling frustrated.
8. In this Election, do not go by long sermons, of removing poverty, economic development, class-less society, super-power, etc. First let us remove the deadly Virus of Article 370. One-point program; candidates standing "for 370" and "against 370"; simple and straight; take an oath or go away, don't get involved into tricky arguments of cunning politicians. Indians are simple-minded people; don't confuse them.
It looks to me that our Hindu society is under very severe attack by International Alliance to dis-integrate India, weaken Hindu society and remove Hindu Dharma, first from Hindustan and then from the rest of the World. Many of our Hindu friends are being trapped into the net of the so-called "Economic Development", reluctant to touch "Hindutva" even with a pole; Hindutva has become untouchable. VHP will also become untouchable in this process. Hindus of Jammu-Kashmir State will be the first sacrificial lambs as Hindus of West and East Pakistan became in 1947. I have passed through the times of 1930s and 1940s and I see great similarity between the events of that time and the events of today.
Instead of talking of Hindutva and its various components, I request that we Hindus use the coming Parliamentary Elections to unite the patriots of India under one slogan : "Article 370 ko hatao" (Remove Article 370). We shall support only those candidates who promise to support removal of Article 370. Let Hindu candidates swear by Srimad Bhagawat Geeta, Christians swear by Holy Bible, Sikhs swear by Guru Granth Sahib, and Muslims swear by Holy Quran, if they are to get our votes for election to Parliament.
We want real integration of the country. The civilians as well as defense people would support this move. Let it be like "Quit India" Movement announced by Indian National Congress on 8th August 1942.
Which is the political party of India which does not want "Development" of India? Even communists want Development of India! Congress wants it, Telugu Desam wants it, in fact everyone wants it! Why should people vote for BJP out of all these parties?
News and Views 24th September 2003
1. Religion, Science and Logic (By G.C.Asnani)
1. When I was in Primary school, of the age of 7-8 years, we read the story which ran roughly as follows: A Teacher asked two of his students who had finished their studies under him, "Please take these two pigeons, one to each. Go and kill them secretly where no one sees your killing the birds. After some time, both students returned. One had killed his pigeon, the other returned with the bird alive. One student reported, "I went into a very lonely place and killed the pigeon without any body seeing."
The other student reported, "I searched for a secret lonely place; I could not find one. I found that God was there to see. I returned with the bird alive." The Teacher appreciated that the latter student had learnt his lesson properly. "God is Omni-Present."
2. When I came to secondary school, at the age of 14-15 years, our Teacher of Physics taught us on the following lines: "As we see it, sunlight has no color of its own, it is colorless. I pass the sunlight through a prism, see what happens". He passed the sun-light through a prism, and what did we see? A multiplicity of colors, the well-known spectrum of VIBGYOR colors: Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red, as we see in a rainbow. The Teacher explained, "We think that sunlight is colorless, but it is a mixture of seven colors, so well-mixed that the combination looks colorless. We do not see the Truth completely with our naked eye; we see the Truth better when the same "colorless" light is passed through a prism; raindrops also act as prisms separating the colors seen in a rainbow."
3. Nowadays, I frequently see the satellite pictures of cloud and earth taken separately but simultaneously in what are called "Visible" and "Infra-red" wavelengths. There are more clouds in infra-red photographs than in visible photographs, taken in these respective wave-lengths. Some clouds cannot be seen in visible range of wave-lengths (0.4 - 0.7 microns), that can be seen in infra-red wavelengths (10-12 microns). My human eye which operates in the range of visible wavelengths does not tell me all that exists. We cannot say that what we do not see with our human eye does not exist. This is a fact of science.
4. When I studied Relativity Theory of Albert Einstein and came to the concepts of Relativity of space and time, and above all to the now well-known Equation E=mc2 , I became more astonished; mass is condensed energy ! Energy appears in various forms of mass, about a hundred elements and thousands of compounds: solids, liquids, gases of various forms, colors and properties. All these visible solids, liquids, and gases are just different forms of one and the same energy ! And how much energy is so condensed in a gramme of mass? We witnessed the enormousness of this condensed energy in Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs used towards the end of the World War II. One gramme of matter contains 8.988 x 1020 ergs of energy, slightly more than the energy released by Hiroshima atomic bomb of 6th August 1945 ! A thunderstorm releases energy of about 30 Hiroshima bombs. At a time, there are about 1000 thunderstorms in the earth's atmosphere; energy amounts are mind-boggling. What an amount of energy is under the control of God ! God is really Omni-Potent. This is what science shows.
5. I have heard and read a lot against idol-worship, picture-worship, image worship, Nature-worship, etc. which is condemned as idolatry. I read the story of Sri Ramakrishna, the almost illiterate Teacher of the well-known Swami Vivekanada, who became famous for his lectures in 1893 Chicago World of Parliament of Religions held in USA. Incidentally, that Parliament of Religions started on 11th September of which year ? Not 2001, but 1893. The audience was thrilled to hear from Swami Vivekananda the Gospel of Hinduism: "Unity in Diversity". When Sri Ramakrishna had felt his failure to have Darshan (vision) of life in his idol of assiduous and sincere worship of the idol of Mother Kali, he directly addressed her, "If I do not get your Darshan, right now, I shall kill myself with the sword which is in my hand." He was serious. And what happened? All forms melted and he was immersed in the sea of light and delight; Mother Kali appeared before him in a form which he could see, feel breathing and alive, could talk to Her.
6. There are numerous stories of God/Goddess appearing alive in Idols before sincere worshippers, devotees, all pointing to one and the same thing: God is present in the idol but only a sincere devotee can see Him.
7. All the life experiences mentioned above point straight to the following points: God is Omni-Present, Omni-Scient, Omni-Potent. He is present all around. A sincere devotee can see Him, feel His presence, communicate with Him; the devotee literally lives in God. God is one, present in numerous forms, numerous colors, in-numerable shapes. We need a discerning eye or equipment of mind to see His presence everywhere. That experience is repeatable, reproducible to any person who has disciplined his mind, thought and action. Genuine Religion teaches the discipline to attain that state of mind, thought and action.
8. We worship this Omni-Present, Omni-Scient, Omni-Potent God through Symbols, one or the other symbol: Temples, Synagogues, Churches, Mosques, etc. and Books, Pictures, Idols, Crosses, etc. which are honored and worshipped in those places are symbols to convey our prayers to the ordinarily invisible, but all-pervading Almighty Master of the Universe. We should not ridicule or disrespect these Symbols. Ridicule or disrespect for these Symbols is manifestation of one's ignorance, pure and simple.
9. National Flag of a country is not just a piece of cloth; it is a Symbol through which a Nation shows honor to its country. All of us, without an exception use symbols for worship, honor, love, etc. We should not treat the Flag of a Nation as just a piece of cloth, which can be used for any purpose including cleaning of different parts of the body. That would be tantamount to disrespecting the other Nation. That would be an unwise thing, calling for trouble.
10. Every religion on the surface of this earth has three aspects:
a) Relationship between man and God who is accepted by all Religions to be Omni-Present, Omni-Scient, and Omni-Potent .
b) Relationship between man and his co-religionists, involving love and sympathy.
c) Relationship between man and persons of other religions. In respect of aspects (a) and (b), there is practically no difference between different religions of this earth. However, in respect of aspect (c), some exclusivist religions teach and practice hatred and war against other religions; this is a mistake. Such religions show lack of logic. If God is Omni-present, Omni-Scient, and Omni-Potent, as all religions believe, then there is no logic in insisting on only one form or one Symbol of worship. He is present in a variety of forms, in all places; why deny His presence at any place or in any form? There is no logic in such denial. When we walk in a garden, we are happy to see variety of plants, variety of colorful flowers, variety of fruits; we enjoy that variety; we don't like monotony. Look around, we see and enjoy variety, not boring uniformity. God also likes variety. He is present in a variety of forms; let us enjoy this variety and appreciate and worship Him as present everywhere, in every form, and worship Him in various f orms. Let us give up illogical position of proclaiming and enforcing that only one form of worship is right and all other forms of worship are wrong and contemptible; such an assertion is illogical, untruthful. Let us realize the Truth and enjoy the Truth, give up illogical dogmatism; let us all join together in honoring all forms and symbols of worship. Then, there will be no place, no reason for inter-religious wars; we can and should live in harmonious co-operation and mutual help, consistent with our common principle that God is Omni-Present, Omni-Scient, and Omni-Potent. This is taught to us not only by any blind Faith but also by Science as shown above.