RAKSHABHARATUK: LETTER TO ARMY CHIEF
Date: 07 May 2008
THE FINEST ARMY IN THE WORLD IS BEING DELIBERATELY RUN DOWN BY THE TREACHEROUS POLITICIANS. IT IS NOW SHOWING SIGNS OF UNREST DUE TO THE POLITICIANS DEGRADING IT IN SEVERAL WAYS.
1. SUBJECTING THEM TO FUTILE WARS THAT END UP IN INCONCLUSIVE CEASE FIRES'
2. RETURNING HARD WON GAINS BACK TO THE ENEMY, e.g., RETURN OF EAST BENGAL TO ENEMY IN 1972;
3. SHABBY PAY AND ALLOWANCES AND DEMOTION OF COMPARATIVE STATUS WITH OTHER SERVICES.
4. AT LAST IT IS ALSO BECOMING CLEAR THAT THE POLITICIANS ARE USING THE ARMY TO CRUSH LEGITIMATE ASPIRATIONS TO FREEDOMS OF OWN CITIZENS.
JALLIANWALE BAGH MASSACRE, 1919, PALES INTO INSIGNIFICANCE WHEN COMPARED TO THE GENOCIDE IN AMRITSAR UNDER ORDERS OF PRIME MINISTER INDIRA KHAN IN JUNE 1984;
5. UNBECOMING INTERFERENCE IN ARMY AFFAIRS. IN KASHMIR THE ARMY ADVANCE WAS STOPPED IN JANUARY 1948, IN KARGIL BATTLE ONLY FRONTAL ATTACKS WERE LAUCHED RESULTING IN HEAVY LOSSES ON OWN SIDE.
6. ARMY IS KEPT SHORT OF ORDNANCE SUPPLIES INCLUDING UNIFORM, BOOTS, TENTS AND OTHER EQUIPMENT.
7. POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS AND PROMOTIONS.
8. COMPARED TO THE STATUS ENJOYED IN BRITAIN (ALL ROYALS WEAR MILITARY UNIFORM UNLIKE OUR RAJIV, RAHUL & CO.) AND THE UNITED STATES, THE ARMED FORCES OF INDIA ARE CONSIDERED A THIRD CLASS CAREER AND SHUNNED BY THE RULERS.
PANDIT NEHRU FEARED ARMY TAKE OVER ALL HIS LIFE AFTER HE BECAME PRIME MINISTER IN 1947. HE DID KNOW OF HIS HIGH TREASON OF UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER OF FIVE PROVINCES TO ISLAM AND WITHDRAWAL OF INDIAN ARMED FORCES FROM FIVE PROVINCES THAT FORMED PAKISTAN. THE INDIAN ARMY FAILED TO DEFEND THEM AFTER THEIR PRIME MINISTER SURRENDERED THEM. IT WAS THE ITALIANS WHO CAUSHT UP WITH THE HIGH TREASON OF THEIR OWN MUSSOLINI. IN INDIA NEHRU WAS HAILED AS A PATRIOT. THE WAY THAT "PATRIOT" TOOK CARE OF THE ARMY WAS SEEN DURING THE ROUT OF ARMY WHEN THE CHINESE INVADED INDIA IN 1962, GIVING NEHRY AND HIS ARMY A CRUSHING DEFEAT AND A BLOODY NOSE.
THERE WAS LITTLE SUBSEQUENTLY TO GIVE THE ARMY JOY OF SOME VICTORY. ALL WARS WITH PAKISTAN ENDED IN CEASE FIRE, SURRENDER OF NORTH KASHMIR AND RETURN OF CAPTURED TERRITORY (EAST BENGAL) IN 1972. SO MUCH FOR THE GLORY OF AN ARMY THAT HAD NEVER SEEN A CEASE FIRE THROUGHOUT WORLD WAR 2.
THE REALISATION HAS AT LAST DAWNED ON THE NATION THAT THE ARMY IS BEING MADE TO FIGHT FOR (NEHRU/GANDHI) DYNASTY, BUT NOT FOR MOTHERLAND OR ITS GLORY. INDIA DOES NOT CELEBRATE ANY MILITARY VICTORY, NOT EVEN THAT OF CRUSHING EAST PAKISTAN IN 1972.
THE RECENT INSULTING PAY AWARD IS THE LAST STRAW ON CAMEL'S BACK.
6th Pay Commission/HS/DO/ 01
07 May, 2008
1. Kindly do forgive me for taking the liberty of enclosing a copy of cutting from the Hindustan Times, Chandigarh edition , of 07 May ’08 (Page 09) contents of which are self-explanatory . The term Soldier, where ever it occurs includes Sailors and Airmen as well .
2. Recommendations of the 6th Pay Commission are an ‘Unmitigated Disaster’ for the Defence Services and we congratulate you for standing up to the IAS Babus and demanding a “Fair Deal ” for the Army . There is a tremendous sense of disgust and anger amongst the military veterans against the gross injustice heaped upon the Services . It is NOT because of a few rupees that we are agitating , including staging Rallies and other means of protest , in the evening of our lives , in this hot weather when most of us would have been staying comfortably in our modest dwellings . Our struggle is against the attack by the Pay Commission on the “IZZAT” (honour) of the Military , which is intended to be lowered further . Due to lack of IZZAT, poorest emoluments , (the Indian Army is the lowest paid major army in the entire world) , most dangerous and harshest possible service conditions , few want to join the army , which is weakening our National Defence’ for which we gave our youth . We want to see Military made attractive to attract suitable youth to strengthen our National Defence, specially when the Chinese dragon is hissing ,if not yet spitting fire , just across the border .
3. Please don’t give in to the IAS Mafia, whole nation is with you in your most just cause .You should settle at nothing less than a ‘Separate Pay Commission’ for the Services on the UK pattern and as is the practice in many other democracies . We can live without any increase in our pensions till the ‘Separate Pay Commission’ gives its report . History will respect you as one of India’ greatest Army Chiefs.
With warmest Regards,
Yours' Sincerely ,
General Deepak Kapoor, PVSM , AVSM , VSM , ADC,
COAS , India.
INTEGRATED HQ , MOD (ARMY),
NEW DELHI .110 011