India doesn't need acts, it needs action: Narendra Modi
Speaking at the India Today Conclave 2013, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi says "Our mindset is our biggest problem. We must be able to convert difficulties into opportunities
· People ask how to achieve 9% growth. I say give businesses in the hands of women and you'll achieve 9% growth target: Modi
· Demographic dividend and democracy dividend. These are the factors which will ensure that this is the century of India and not China: Modi
· My philosophy in life is, 'in your life never think of becoming, think of doing.' Narendra Modi on whether he wants to be PM.
· On Secularism: Every Indian citizen needs protection. Making distinctions of minority and majority is nothing but vote-bank politics.
· The NaMo Mantra: Civil servants must serve the interests of the poor and not pander to elected politicians and governments.
· Old wisdoms will never fail us, that is the belief I have always drawn from.
· This nation does not need Acts, it needs Action. Referring to the UPA government he said, Acts are only needed when there is no sign of action.
· The National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme should have been a scheme to ensure public participation in the development of the nation.
· All one needs is to change the approach to out-of-box thinking.
· Grievance redressal is one of the most important things in a democracy. The poorest of the poor need to feel empowered.
· Individuals come and go, so there is a great need to institutionalise ideas. Leader and personality-driven schemes cannot sustain.