WHAT IS HAPPENING INSIDE PAKISTAN
While our attention is on Kashmir, very unfortunate things are happening in PAKISTAN. PM Imran seems to have gone mad over Kashmir and India, as he is trying his utmost with their 'ESTABLISHMENT' (Pak. Army and ISI which actually controls everything in Pakistan with Imran only the figurehead) to divert world's attention from what is happening in Pakistan which is summarily presented to you as follows (information gathered mostly from Pakistani TV channels via 'You Tube'):
1. ECONOMY; Pakistan cannot be run without heavy loans coming from any source ie IMF, China, Saudi Arabia, UAE or US. Since very few things are manufactured there, virtually everything is imported. Their Import bill is around USD 60 billion against Exports of less than USD 20 billion (USD 40 billion trade deficit). China alone has given them loan of USD 46 billion against CPEC (China Pakistan Economic Corridor) work on which has been halted by China but the debt stands. As per many Pakistani senior Economists, they are in NO POSITION to repay these debts. While campaigning for Elections, Imran announced in hundreds of election rallies that he shall rather 'Commit Suicide' than beg for loans. While in earlier regimes Finance Ministers etc. went to other countries to ask for loans but now Imran himself as PM, has already visited China, Saudi Arabia, UAE, US and Malaysia begging for loans. Luckily he has not come to India with a begging bowl, yet.
2. INFLATION; running at 13-14%. Vast majority of people are cursing Imran Khan in the streets in filthiest of language since while campaigning he promised people a 'New Pakistan'. They are cursing him and asking "is this the New Pakistan(Badalta Pakistan) he wanted to bring". Prices of Gas, Petrol, Electricity have gone so high with new taxes being imposed. Pakistani rupee (PKR) is sliding against USD since Imran took over. when Imran took over PKR was 124 to a USD in Aug. '18. Now it has rolled down to PKR 160 ( 30% down).
3. POLITICS; I do not understand what kind of 'freedom' he wants for Kashmiris as now after the abrogation of article 370 & 35 A, Kashmiris are as good citizen of India as any other Indian belonging to any other State or Region with same Rights, Privileges and Benefits. I wonder if you know that Nawaz Sharif (three times Prime Minister), his daughter Mariam Nawaz, interim PM Abbasi, former President Asif Ali Zardari (husband of Benazir Bhutto, ex-PM who was killed) and many other prominent leaders are in jails. Why and how long, no body knows. Former President Pervez Musharraf and MQM leader Altaf Hussein are already living in exile safe in London since their life is under threat in Pakistan.
4. Baluchistan (44% of total Pak territory but only 6% population), Sindhis, Baltistan, POK and FATA regions are on the boil, economic and ethnic unrest and suppression has reached unimaginable proportions. These areas can break up anytime from Pakistan. Muhazirs, Muslims who migrated to Pakistan from Eastern UP and Bihar with great hopes, have still not been integrated with society and are still called 'Muhazirs'. Worst is that anyone protesting from these areas is simply kidnapped by the army/police and most of them cannot be found again. Horrible WhatsApp and 'You Tube' videos appear is social media daily. Pakistan has become a problem not only for India but for the entire free world.
5. FREEDOM INDEX; In Pakistan Media is totally gagged and Democracy is trampled. Many popular TV anchors and panelists are removed if they don't tow the 'Establishment' line. Imran Khan seems so tense these days. Recently, a 'Freedom Index' survey was done by a reputed world body to know how much 'freedom' is enjoyed by the citizens of different countries. Out of 100 marks, Pakistan got 39 (India 75) and POK only 29 against J and K, 48).
If you are keen to know about Indo-Pak relations, just watch TAG TV (run from Toronto, Canada) on 'You Tube'. It is a TV channel run by Mr. Tahir Aslam Gora, Anees Farooque and Barrister Hamid Bashani (all Pakistanis settled in Canada). Their assessment and analysis of events in South East Asia is most unbiased and unparalleled. Worth seen, indeed.
IT IS BEST FOR THE PAKISTANIS TO END THEIR REVOLT OF 1947 AND REJOIN INDIA, TENDERING AN APOLOGY ON BEHALF OF THEIR FOUNDER, MOHAMMED ALI JINNAH, FOR COMMITTING HIGH TREASON AGAINST HIS OWN LAND OF BIRTH.