QURAN - English Translations by Maulana Muhammad Ali and
by Dr. Muhammad Hilali and Muhammad Muhsin Khan
Some Extracts (taken from Internet)
1. (9:5) So when the sacred months (the 1st, 7th, 11th and 12th
months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, slay the idolaters,
wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege
them and lie in wait for them in every ambush. But if they repent
and keep up Muslim prayer and pay money for the poor Muslims
(Zakat), leave their way free. Surely Allah is forgiving, merciful.
(Slay – kill in a violent way.
Besiege – Surround with Armed Forces
Ambush – Attack a person or group of people from a hidden
2. (9:23) O you who believe (Muslims), Take not your fathers and
brothers for friends (supporters and helpers) if they prefer
disbelief above faith. And whoever of you does so, then he is
one of the Zalimun (wrong doers).
3. (9:123) O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers (Non
Muslims) who are close to you, and let them find harshness in
you, and know that Allah is with those who are the pious.
4. (8:12) I will cast terror into the hearty of those who disbelieve.
So smite above the necks and smite every finger-tip of them.
(Smite- Hit with a hard blow).
5. (41:27) But surely we shall cause those who disbelieve to taste
a severe torment, and certainly, we shall requite them the worst
of what they used to do.
(Requite – to avenge)
6. (8:17) You killed them not, but Allah killed them.
7. (2:221) Marry not the idolatresses until they believe …. Nor give
(believing woman) in marriage to idolaters until they believe.
8. (4:56) Surely, those who disbelieve in our Ayats, we shall burn
them in fire as often as their skins are roasted through. We shall
change them for other skins that they may taste the punishment.
9. (69:30-33) Seize him and fetter him. Then throw him in the
blazing fire. Then fasten him with a chain whereof the length is
seventy cubits. Surely he used not to believe in Allah, the Great.
(Seize – Take hold of suddenly and forcibly
cubit – An ancient measure of length, approximately equal to the
length of a forearm.
10. (66:9) O Prophet ! Strive hard against the disbelievers and
hypocrites, and be severe against them, their abode will be Hell,
and worst indeed is that destination.
(Strive – Fight vigorously)
11. (5:10) They who disbelieve and deny our Ayats are those who
will be the dwellers of the Hell Fire.
12. (4:101) Surely the disbelievers are an open enemy to you.
13. (2:254) And it is the disbelievers who are the zalimun (wrong
14. (33:61) Accursed, wherever found they will be seized and killed
with a slaughter.