WHAT A DEMOCRACY! WHAT A PEOPLE'S GOVERNMENT THAT HAS TO BE TOLD TO DECLARE NATIONAL MOURNING OVER A GREAT HUMAN TRAGEDY IN BHARAT!
Declare National mourning in view of the deaths at Uttarakhand
Prime Minister of India,
South Block, Raisina Hill,
Subject : Declare National mourning in view of the deaths at Uttarakhand
Dear Prime Minister,
We are writing this to you with utter grief and pain, due to deaths of Pilgrims who got engulfed in the deadly act of Nature at Uttarakhand during Char Dham Yatra.
Though it is clear that thousands of devotes have died in this devastating Calamity, you and your team is shying in disclosing the number of the causalities, reasons better known to you.
Nature has been harsh but it is quite clear that the deaths could have been minimized if the cautionary provided by Metrological department would have been taken seriously by State Government.
Akhil Bharat Hindu Yuvak Sabha calls for immediate action and demands
1. Declare National mourning in view of the deaths of devotees at Uttarakhand.
2. To Press into service as many as aircrafts/ Helicopters to evacuate stranded devotees, India has a huge fleet of
aircrafts/ Helicopters , what is the use if they are not used in this time of crisis.(Herein I would like to mention that your aerial visit also delayed the evacuation ).
3. Immediately direct Uttarakhand government to provide relief by way of providing food, medicine water and fuel to those people and kindly monitor that same is reaching affected people.
4. More personnel from Army and Para military be deputed to accelerate the process of evacuation.
5. Railways should make arrangements for the return journey for all rescued devotees from Haridwar/Dehradun to there
respective places free of cost including food arrangement as most of the Pilgrims have lost everything in the floods.
6. Announcement of Rs.1,000 crore ($167 million) relief package is welcomed however is this enough for the devastation hit Pilgrimage centers, rehabilitation of Locals and the Pilgrims, Kindly rethink on this as well.
7. Every possible corrective action be taken so that mortality is reduced if in future such incidents reoccur.
8. Uttarakhand government be demanded to file response as to why they ignored the weather department warnings and allowed pilgrims to move ahead.
Grief Stricken Akhil Bharat Hindu Yuvak Sabha urge Government of India to take Humanitarian approach in
this hour of crisis and show to the world community that we care for our citizens.
Akhil Bharat Hindu Yuvak Sabha