Ministry of Home Affairs
Department of Home
Government of India
(Kind Attn: Smt.Gauri Kumar, IAS)
Sub: Harboring foreigners in Hyderabad –Rohingyas from Myanmar – Public appeal of COVA for settling in Hyderabad.
Rohingyas are Muslim citizens of Bangladesh. A large number of them infiltrated illegally into Myanmar. A number of districts bordering on Bangladesh have seen a large influx of the Rohingya Muslims. They multiplied 10 times and had become the majority in some districts of Myanmar. The Myanmaris with indirect help of the security forces, have driven them out. Some of them entered India through Assam.
2. Some organizations of Hyderabad spearheaded by COVA ( Confederation of Voluntary Associations) has been bringing them into Hyderabad and settling them here. It has issued a public appeal for funds to shelter and to look after these foreign people in India. This is highly illegal and anti-Indian activity.
3. This country is already flooded with millions of Bangladeshis and even Pakistanis sheltered by certain organizations in certain localities of India. This is greatly injurious to the security and well -being of Indian people. What is more noteworthy is that the COVA based in Hyderabad, had shown no compassion, no concern for the lakhs of India's Hindu citizens in Kashmir Valley expelled by terrorists and are having to live in tents in Jammu.
4. This COVA of Hyderabad, while not caring a little for India's citizens is engaged in sheltering and ultimately making them ration -card holders and voters and finally citizens of India. This is anti- Indian, unpatriotic activity .
5. I request that the government and its agencies immediately investigate into this anti- Indian activity of this organization and apprehend all those brought into India to be settled here and expel them from this country.
6. Photo copy of the appeal issued by COVA as appeared in the Hyderabad edition of Hindu dated 3 July is enclosed herewith.